The best Exercises to Lose 7 Pounds in a Week
Believe it or not, losing 7 pounds in a week is not a totally unattainable goal. Shedding weight is an almost impossible task for many, especially if you want to lose weight within a week. If you want to look slim down and get fit for an upcoming event or occasion, there are certain exercises that can actually help you in achieving your goal, that too without crash dieting. Unlike dieting, losing weight through exercising is a healthier way to shed pounds, and the weight that you lost will stay away in the long run as well if you keep up with a healthy lifestyle. This oneHOWTO article is going to talk about a few best exercises to lose 7 pounds in a week.
Cardiovascular workouts are basically aerobic exercises that involve repetitive, steady movements using your legs and arms. These exercises increase your blood circulation, allowing the blood to flow through every nook and corner of your body. During this workout, you have to maintain 60 to 80% of your maximum heart rate for 15 to 20 minutes. Thus, this kind of workout can actually burn more calories than you consume, and help you lose weight quickly.
At oneHOWTO, we give you the best options for cardio exercises to lose 7 pounds in one week:
- Jump rope: This is one of the simplest ways of exercising to lose weight. The eternal jump rope is highly effective to lose weight. Exercise with the jump rope three days a week for 20 minutes, or once a week if combined with any of the following.
- Spinning: If you go to the gym, then spinning may be one of the most cost-efficient exercises to get your dose of cardio. The amount of calories burnt cycling will also help you effectively get rid of the extra pounds.
- Rowing: Again, you may need to go to the gym for this one, but we promise it's totally worth it. The strain on both arms and legs that this exercise requires will burn lots of calories in a short time.
Jogging should be an important part of your regular fitness regime if you can't go to the gym. This is also a kind of cardio workout that is equally efficient in burning your calories. The best thing is that no special technique or extra equipment is required for jogging. Almost everyone can do it in their surroundings. You can easily incorporate jogging in your everyday routine, such as jogging instead of riding a vehicle, running up the stairs instead of using an elevator, and jogging around the block in the morning and evening. If you can’t do these, you can easily buy a manual or electric treadmill and grab any available opportunity to burn some extra calories. Invest in a pedometer or fitness band to monitor how many steps you are taking during the day. For effective weight loss, you will need to jog for around 5,000 steps in a day.
Weight training is an anaerobic exercise that can be effective in losing 7 pounds in a week. It is a myth that weight training is an activity for body builders only. In reality, if done properly, weight training can have dramatic effects in accelerating your fat burn process and in toning your body. When you weight train, you burn calories not only during the workout, but after that too. Weight training is much similar to cardio workout and can be extremely helpful in burning carbohydrates.It is helpful in building lean mass, thus accelerating your metabolism and allowing you to burn fat quicker. To lose 7 pounds in a week, you are advised to weight train that involves compound exercises at high level intensity. Let's take a look at our specific workout.
- Kettlebells: Using kettlebells will improve your functional strength without damaging your joints, which is why it's highly recommended. Do 3 sets of 15 sit-ups each with your kettle bell once per day, and you'll quickly notice the difference.
- Dumbbells: The best exercise you can do with dumbbells (choose the weight that best suits your strength), is to do 30 reverse crunches with the dumbbell placed on the floor above your head. You can do two sets per day.
Compound exercises intend to give a nice work out to multiple joints of your body, and they are believed to be best weight loss exercises. Compound exercises intended for below-navel give workout to your hamstrings, glutes and quadriceps, which are some of the biggest muscle groups in human body. The minor after-burn tears in your muscle fibers cause huge burn in your calories, as immense energy is needed for the repair of those tears. Some very effective compound exercises include bench press, push ups, squats etc.
Do 15 minute sessions of compound exercises five days a week and rest for two non-consecutive days. At oneHOWTO we'd like to suggest this complete routine:
- Lunges: With your feet parallel to your hips, step forward while bending your knee and go back up again. Do the same with the other leg. Repeat for each leg 15 times each.
- Mountain climbers: Facing the floor, hold the weight of your body with your palms and the tips of your toes, making sure they are at the same level and parallel. Push one knee up towards your stomach and back, do the same with the other leg. Do 15 reps for each leg.
- Squats: This is one of the easiest and effective exercises from the routine. Bend your knees making sure your feet are parallel to your kips and go back up. Do 1 minute squats. Rest for 15 seconds and do a second 1 minute set.
- Dips: To tone your arms, dips are perfect. If you want to do this exercise at home. Hold your arms on the tip of a seat of a chair, bring your legs forward as much as you can and slowly bend your elbows to take your body down without touching the floor and without moving your feet. Lift your body back up and repeat for 45 seconds.
- Crunches: In order to tone your abs, you'll need to do crunches. Lie down facing upwards, lift your legs two inches from the floor and start your crunches. This will maximize the exercise. Do two sets of 15 crunches each.
- Plank: Another great exercise for a flat stomach is plank. Simply hold your body facing downwards with your forearms and toes, making sure your body is in a straight line.
This is another effective way so working out your whole body and burning extra calories. The exercises involved in this type of training comprise of varying strength and endurance levels. They also involve some aerobic exercises which intend to give workout to different parts of your body.
This is such a complete exercise if you practice for one hour daily it will be enough to help you lose these 7 pounds while following a healthy diet. Find your closest crossfit group and join them!
Whether you like exercising or not, you will definitely love a nice dancing session. If you find your regular workout session monotonous and boring, then try to include some dancing as a fun element into it. Participating in a high intensity jazz, zumba, hip hop or salsa class can actually be helpful in losing 7 pounds in a week. To do so, dance non stop to the following routines for 30 to 45 minutes 4 times a week and combine with anaerobic exercises:
If you want to read similar articles to The best Exercises to Lose 7 Pounds in a Week, we recommend you visit our Fitness category.