The Best Exercises To Burn Belly Fat
Say goodbye to your love handles! At OneHowTo we will give you some tips to help you eliminate belly fat so you can show off a more slender and toned torso. In addition to abdominal exercises, you also have to make other changes in your routine that will help you reduce body fat. Read this article in which we will propose some of the best exercises to burn belly fat that you can start practicing from now.
Before talking about exercises to get rid of your belly we will explain some basic notions about burning fat so that you know that if you do 100 sit-ups a day but do not maintain a healthy lifestyle that's low in fat, you won't get anywhere. The secret to losing weight is to combine a light diet with regular physical exercise, only then will you really start to see results.
So it's essential, if you want to get rid of your belly, that you begin designing a food plan that is balanced and low in fat. Overall, we recommend you follow these healthy guidelines to help you design your menu:
- A diet rich in fruits and vegetables: try to make them part of your daily routine to benefit from its nutrients and attain optimal health. They also contain no fat and scarcely any calories.
- Eat 5 times a day: It's better to distribute meals into 5 normal sittings rather than having 3 heavy meals. Also, if you're eating every 3 or 4 hours this will make your metabolism work more, accelerating it.
- Stop eating fat and sugar: don't eat food such as donuts, sweets, sausages, sauces, etc.
- Low-fat protein: it is good to have protein in your diet but make sure that these are always light and healthy. In the case of meat, the most suitable meats are lean meats, and white fish has less fat than the blues.
- Light dinner: it is important that towards the end of the day you do not fill your stomach with calories because it will be difficult to burn them and they will eventually become saturated fat.
But besides from eating lightly physical exercise is also important as it will help us burn fat faster and more effectively. It will also get our body in better shape and aesthetically more toned. Among the abdominal exercises to burn fat there are two types:
1 Cardio: they are the exercises that burn calories by activating circulation and the cardiovascular system.
2 Toning exercises: to burn fat, sweating isn't enough. We also need to strengthen the muscle and for that, we need to do specific exercises that help us tighten the tummy area.
To lose belly fat we must include cardiovascular sessions in our routine which should last a minimum of 20 minutes (although 30 minutes is recommended as this will burn fat more effectively). Among the most suitable exercises to help us are the following:
- Cross trainer: it is a machine that manages to work the entire body (arms, buttocks and legs) while burning calories.
- Bicycle: whether you go to the gym or train on your own bike, cycling is also an exercise that will help you lose weight.
- Running: either on treadmill or simply down the street. This is one of the most effective sports that there is as it activates the whole body and helps to eliminate fat.
To maximize cardiovascular sessions keep in mind that it is best to alternate the intensities. In this way, you body does not become accustomed to the exercise and works to the full all the time.
But to optimize your workout, you should do abdominal exercises to help strengthen the area, helping to burn belly fat and making your body smoother and love-handle free. It is important that you focus on all parts of the belly and not just on getting "washboard abs" because the end result will be uneven and not flattering.
Thus, in one session you must exercise the upper, lower and side abs so that your body is well defined. We start by telling you some exercises for the upper abs:
- 1 An exercise that works the upper abdomen is known as the "crunch with tucked legs". You have to stand on the mat, lift and bend your knees and, in this position, raise your core. Do 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
- 2 Get onto the mat and straighten your legs all the way to the ceiling. Then, raise your torso using the muscles in the abdominal area and then return to the starting position. Repeat 15 times and do 3 sessions for a complete job.
Then we will find you some abdominal exercises to burn fat focusing on the lower belly area:
- 1 You have to lie on the mat and without bending your legs, you have to raise them up, parallel to the ground. Hold this position for 15 seconds and rest. Then repeat 2 more times and you will begin to tighten the lower abdomen.
- 2 The next exercise is to lift your hip off the ground to exercise thia area. You have to lie on the floor and lift your legs up, then you have to bend your hips towards your ribs, as shown in the picture. Hold for 15 seconds and repeat twice more.
The next, and final, part of the belly that we must work to be able to show off a toned torso without excess fat are the sides of the abdomen. For this there are some specific exercises that will help you keep fit, such as the following:
- 1 It is known as "vertical scissors" and to do it you have to lie on the mat on your side and raise your leg as high as you can. You have to raise and lower your leg 15 times. Rest and do two more sets.
- 2 The next exercise we suggest involves you lying down on the mat, bending your knees and elevating your torso, trying to touch your ankle with one hand and then the other. Do 3 sets of 15 repetitions and you'll start to see results.
Another very effective set of exercises is plank, as it works the whole area effectively and will also make your abs harder. Take a look at our article on how to do plank exercises correctly.
If you want to read similar articles to The Best Exercises To Burn Belly Fat, we recommend you visit our Fitness category.